Thursday, March 31, 2011

What is this rattling/flapping noise my right front tire is making on my F150?

So I hit a very large pothole on my way home from work. As I was driving on the highway, I later noticed a rattling noise that basically follows my rate of speed (I go faster, it goes faster; I slow down, it slows down). I first thought something was caught in the tire area since it kind of sounds almost like a flapping noise as if a piece of cardboard was stuck in there, and the rim was hitting it like a kid with a baseball card in his bike wheel, but I looked and there was nothing there. It goes away at times but quickly returns. When I'm turning to the right, the sound seems to fade. What could this problem be. I just got an alignment after installing a leveling kit and 35" A/T tires. Could I possibly need another after this incident or is it a far worse, more expensive problem? I have a 2005 Ford F150 FX4...help me out. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment