Tuesday, March 29, 2011

How to find an entry level software engineering job...?

Hello all. Im a second year Computer Science major, I have few internship positions, one position doing website work with Druple. In college so far I learned Python, C++ and I am learning Java by myself. I hear a ton of stuff that Software Engineerin job markets are great and there is about a 40% job growth in this field. Computer Science degree holders have probably the best chance of getting a job. However, when I go on Dice.com and Monsterjobs.com I barely see any opening available for entry level positions. I know they value experience over the degree, but some people say with a Bachelors of Masters in Computer Science you can get almost any good entry level job you want. I just need an entry level job so That I could then get a senior software engineering position. However, I do not know where to look. How should I apply for jobs?? Online?? through websites, but I don't feel like anyone will know that I applied online. I am very confused. I know the field is packed with demand, since the supply of computer science graduates is at an all time low, but what could I do to know I'll get a job? Any advice..??? Thanks.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment